Thursday, October 8, 2009

Tilda & Beaver

Happy Thursday,
I was thinking of what to make next and saw the new challenge from Magnolia-lious Highlights, an easel card. At first, I was not sure about it but after looking at the template and reading the instructions, the base card was easy to make...of course, there is the challenge of what to put on it - for me, that is the hardest part.


Usually, I will pick out my papers before my card stock, but this time, I did it in reverse. So my challenge was to find papers to go with it. I finally decided on this pack of DCWV 'Green Stack' recyclable papers. They have some really fun and cute designs to pick from. The beaver is actually on the paper, so I cut one out from another sheet and popped it up onto a Spellbinders scalloped circle. I also cut two Spellbinders scalloped circle frames to, 'frame' Tilda. You can get a lot of different Spellbinder dies at 7 Kids College Fund. I did not have the colors of flowers to coordinate, so I used a couple of Prima paper flowers and colored them with my Prismacolor markers. I replaced dark brown strip on the paper with one that has shimmery gold in it, it may be hard to see it on the photos.



This is what the inside of the base card looks like....using more Spellbinder scalloped circles.


This was so much fun to make and I will definately will be making more of the easel cards in the future.
Would love to know what you think, so add a comment and have a wonderful day.

Supplies:
CS - Close to My Heart & unknown
DP - DCWV
Stamp - Tilda with Flower Jeans from Magnolia
Punches - Martha Stewart & EK Success
Others: Prima Flowers (colored), Hemp from Close to My Heart, buttons and Prismacolor markers


Karen
All things are heaven sent.

17 comments:

  1. What fun, Karen. You did an absolutely fabulous job on this. Love the colors, and the beaver is too cute! DEEElightful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. FUN, FUN card!! I love the Tilda and the cute beaver!! I still have to work on mines!!

    Hugs,
    Patricia

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great easel card!! Love the papers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. CUte, cute, cute. Love the paper pieced flowers.
    Sharon L

    ReplyDelete
  5. very nicely done I love the colors !

    ReplyDelete
  6. Karen you card is a delight! I am Canadian, so the beaver is a really sweet and meaningful additiong as far as I am concerned. He is sooo cute too! Your colouring is fantastic and I love the papers that you have used and you coloured the flowers to match perfectly!! GREAT JOB!
    Hugs, Candy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Karen, this is just adorable. Tilda looks so lovely sitting on that strip of ribbon. And that beaver is just too cute! I'm still struggling with my easel card. I don't know why, but this one if giving me a devilishly hard time! *sigh* Love yours though! hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is fabulous Karen! Very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Kare this is a wonderful card. You can tell you put a great deal of work into it. I also ove your blog. the fall/halloween scene is so cute!
    Hugs,
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is Brillaint. Love the colours and Tilda looks fab. Great card, Love it. Hugs Debra

    ReplyDelete
  11. Really like the shades of red you used! Tilda is colored so nicely.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your easel card you did a fabulous job!
    Hugs,
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very nice! I haven't tried making an easel card yet. I like the colors and layout. The beaver is a great addition!

    ReplyDelete
  14. How cute--love the fall colors & what a cute lil' friend for Tilda, hee hee--he's a cutie! Love it & thanks for joining in on the challenge w/ us!

    hugz,
    Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  15. I really like your easel card, very inspiring.

    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  16. I like your idea to stop your card by a button. Ingenious! Bravo, super beautiful card! Loraine

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a darling image. I love how you put it together. Aren't the easel cards amazing.
    Hugs xx
    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete