Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Lily in Red & Green

Good day to you all. I found this adorable digi stamp at Pink Cat Studio. They have some really fun designs to use. I like the way you can adjust the size to match the card you are making.
This time I used colored pencils and it did not turn out as well as I would have liked...I think I will go back to my Prismacolor markers. This card is for the MMSC25 challenge, I used the Fleur De Lis Spellbinder die and cut it in half - I liked how it showed some of the background. I added pearls to the center of the flowers which fit right in with the background paper. It is hard to see but I used Liquid Applique for her 'muff'. To follow the MMSC design, I needed a buckle but I did not have one so I used something else in my stash to create a similiar look.


Hope you like it, let me know what you think?

Supplies:
CS - CTMH
DP - Provo Craft
Image - Lily Winter Coat by Pink Cat Studio Digi Stamps
Spellbinder - Fleur De Lis and Sm Circle
Others - Ribbon, pearls, liquid applique & other stuff from my stash

Karen
All things are heaven sent.

5 comments:

  1. Hello Karen, this is just adorable..I love the way you have used the sketch - your image is so sweet!! Those pearls are a lovely touch and the Spellbinder look great too - all great touches to your card!! Thank you for playing along with the Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge this week - I look forward to seeing what you do next week!
    Linda MMSC Guest Designer

    ReplyDelete
  2. Karen it looks like you are getting in the Holiday spirit here with this beauty. I love how you did the spellbinders die cut and all those luscious pearls on the card as well. Everything is so attractively put together in a pleasing and delightful presentation. Thanks for playing along with us this week at MMSC. Have a great week!!!
    Hugs,
    Carol
    MMSC-DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Karen, this is girl is so precious. Lovely texture on her muff. Don't you just love those liquid applique. That is so cool!
    Hugs,
    Cabio

    ReplyDelete
  4. Karen I love this! The SB die is perfect, Love the colors and really think your coloring is great! Love the Liquid Applique too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Karen! I love your take on the sketch. The spellbinders are a beautiful accent! Well done! Hope to see you again next week!

    Sue
    MMDT

    ReplyDelete