Sunday, October 25, 2009

CAS Just Magnolia

I will have to say, at first, I was finding it hard to make a 'Clean and Simple' card for the Magnolia-licious Highlights challenge. I keep looking at it and thinking that it needs something here or there.... and then I have to stop myself and say "no, keep it simple".

I made two cards - the first one is a fall colored theme. I could not resist making a flower for the fall card, it just seemed like a good fit - I did Cuttlebug the gold portion of the flower to give it some added design. I used the Spellbinder Fleur De Lis die and some pearls to finish it off.


I wasn't going to add any design elements to the inside but I had already cut out a gold flower, so I decided to not waste it and create another flower for the inside too.


I was having fun, so I decided to make another card. This one has that 'fresh' look with white and a bold color. I used the Cuttlebug to create a design on white. Spellbinder dies and brads and it completed the card.


This paper matched the color scheme and was a clean and simple way to decorate the inside.


Thanks for stopping by, I would love to know what you think?

Supplies:
Fall card
CS - Stampin Up
DP - K & Co.
Image - Tilda with Sunflower from Magnolia
Others - Spellbinders dies, Cuttlebug, Martha Stewart leaf punch, pearls, Prismacolor markers

White card
CS - Stampin Up
Background Design by Cuttlebug
Image - Tilda with Cross Stitch Heart by Magnolia
Others - Spellbinder dies, brads, Prismacolor markers

Karen
All things are heaven sent.

13 comments:

  1. They're both super cute, Karen! Great job on the clean and simple! hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Karen, loving your cas cards, love the colours and Tilda is just adorable. Thanks for sharing
    Hugs Jodie from Oz

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both cards are really cute! Good luck in the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Karen, I love your sense of COLOR, these are fantastic cards, thanks for sharing, Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  5. Karen, beautiful cards. Both of them. Love that Fleur De Lis die. Good job on both.

    Hugs.
    Norma

    ReplyDelete
  6. Both cards are excellent! I'm a little partial to the Yellow and orange one! Very vibrant and favorite colors of mine! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Karen,
    Your fall card is so colourful - just lovely.
    Your second one is truly clean and simple! Love it!
    Hugs, Candy

    ReplyDelete
  8. They're both beautiful--the first one has such an impact with those bold & lovely colors & love the embossing on the 2nd! Fabulous job & thanks for joining in w/ us on the challenge!

    hugz,
    Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love these cards! So pretty! I especially love cross stitch Tilda. I think she's the most adorable! hugz, Angela

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are both adorable cards!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow Karen, I would never thought of using bright color DPs for CAS card, but you did a great take on for this and these cards are awesome!
    Hugs,
    Cabio

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your CAS cards, Karen! You've chosen very pretty colors and I really like the idea of less is more! You've done great on this. Hugs, Cami

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great take on the clean and simple challenge! I like how you made the cover clean and simple, and the inside matching everything else.

    ReplyDelete