Monday, October 19, 2009

Snowbella's First Snowfall

It is another rainy day today in the Pacific Northwest. As I do my errands, I am enjoying all the gorgeous fall colors. I think I will take a picture of my favorite (that will be hard) and design a card around it - I will let you know when it is complete.

I was looking through my stamps and found so many that are screaming, "me next!!". I actually have a lot of stamps that have never been 'inked', oh dear. So I am going to challenge myself to use more of my stamps.

Today, I have Snowbunnybella to show off. She is just so cute and I love her big cheesy smiles, you can find her at Addicted to Rubber Stamps, as well as a host of other stamps and supplies.

I am using the Pixie Cottage Challenge (their first one) and it was fun to make. I picked some wintry bold colors and added Liquid Applique to her fuzzy parts of her outfit. It is hard to see, but it is white and puffy - I did learn this time that I need to add more so that the 'fluff' will be thicker. So what can I fluff up next.... oh well, moving on.
To create the larger scalloped border, I took the corner guard off of the punch so I could position it to create a straight line.

Have a great day and let me know what you think....



Supplies:
CS - DCWV & StampinUp
DP - DCWV
Stamp - Snow Bunny Bella via Stampin Bella
Punches - EK Success & Martha Stewart
Brad - Queen & Co.
Others: Spellbinder dies, Cuttlebug, Silk flowers

Karen
All things are heaven sent.

9 comments:

  1. Karen thanks for joining our first challenge, your card is adorable I love those colors and that spray of flowers is the perfect touch.
    Sorry to hear it is raining out there, we are having a beautiful fall day in NE Ohio today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute! I love that scalloped oval - great colors :) What a lovely card :) Thanks for playing with the Pixies!

    Cheers!
    Kristen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much for joining in on the Pixie Cottage Challenge. Your card is wonderful. The inside is pretty as the outside!

    ~Pam
    http"//stampsinc.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your card! The scallops are beautiful and I just love your floral sprays. Thanks for playing at The Pixie Cottage!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, what a stunning card! Even the inside is beautiful! Great colors and lovely image. Thanks for playing at The Pixie Cottage. Hope to see you again!

    Hugs,
    Renata

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's a great card!
    Wonderful image and great color combo!
    Thanks for playing with our sketch at TPC!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow...this is awesome!! Love all the layers!! Thanks for playing with the Pixies and hope to see you again!!

    Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Karen, that's cute. Love this Bella and the layout is gorgeous. You reminded me, I bought a few Bellas months ago, but have never get a chance to use any of them yet. This sure gives me lots of inspirations. Thanks!
    Hugs,
    Cabio

    ReplyDelete
  9. A beautiful card in great colours! I like the use of edge punches. The image is coloured great too!
    Thanks for playing with us at the Pixie Cottage!

    ReplyDelete