Monday, October 26, 2009

Christmas Cardinal

Hope you had a good weekend. Mine was a bit on the sad side for I attended my brother in law's memorial. He was such a wonderful person and it is hard to see someone get sick and pass away so soon. He was greatly blessed with a lovely wife and a fantastic son. He lived his life with a testimonial to God and it carried through until his last days.

Now onto my card for today. It is for the MMSC24 challenge. Whoa, that was a hard sketch for me to come up with what to do. I decided to turn it on it's side.


I wanted to make it a Christmas theme, which you will see more of. I used the Spellbinder to create the basic shapes and the rest was coloring and a little bling. I did not get a chance to complete the inside....will do that later.


Let me know what you think?

Supplies:
CS - DCWV
DP - Provo Craft
Image - Dream Impressions (not sure but I believe they may be out of business)
Others: Spellbinder dies, Brads, Silk flowers, Prismacolor markers, Martha Stewart branch punch

Karen
All things are heaven sent.

2 comments:

  1. Wow this Christmas cardinal card is so pretty.
    Your coloring & shading of your cardinal image is outstanding. Love your dp color choices. Everything goes so well together. Thanks so much for joining us this week at MMSC.
    Denise
    Midnight Madness Design Team

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely gorgeous. I have been looking for a wonderful cardinal image like this for a long time. I love how you did the spellbinders squares...so awe inspiring. A beauty beyond compare. Thanks for playing along with us again this week. We look forward to more of your creativity!!!

    Carol
    MMSC-DT

    ReplyDelete