Thursday, December 10, 2009

Skating Teddies in a Frame...

Morning everyone. Oh Brrrr - it is 'freezing' outside - litterally. Hope you are staying warm where you are.

I love the Christmas season but it sure can take a lot out of you, hate to say this but I will be glad when things slow down a bit after the new year. Although I have to get back to looking for a job.... if you know of any legitimate 'work at home' jobs in the admin/customer service, reporting, etc, send me an email, I would very much appreciate your help.

Now for today, I have been really wanting to try out this new card template that I found on 'Gramma's House of Cards', Sharon did an awesom job - she has the link to where you can find the template. It is a framed card, really fun to do and was surprised to find it was not all that hard to make. Most of it was deciding what papers and embellishments to use. I love these cute digi images from Cuddly Buddly Crafts and could not resist using the Skating Teddies - it is a free digi, so drop on over and take a look at their great stamp designs. I am not promoting them, I just really like their cute images.
On the bears, I used green Radiant pearls on the holly leaves, red fabric paint for the holly berries and liquid applique for the white fluffy areas on the hats. I do not own one of those great snowflake border punches from Martha Stewart so I punched snowflakes, added glitter to them for added sparkle and placed them around the frame. I also added glitter to a larger foam snowflake and punched a Martha Stewart leaf and then punched mini holly leaves and glued them to the other leaves, these made my own holly leaves branches ...a very pleasant discovery . The recessed area of the card, I have a graphic of some trees and snow (for the life of me, I can not remember where I found it), I added glitter to the snow for added sparkle.
The inside of the card is fairly simple and color coordinated.



Hope you like it and I really enjoy reading your comments....

Supplies:
CS - DCWV
DP - Basic Grey (Eskimo Kisses)
Image - Skating Teddies from Cuddly Buddly, Tree graphic - unknown
Punch - EK Success snowflake
Others - Liquid Applique, fabric paint, Radiant Pearls, Stickles glitter glue, ribbon, foam snowflake, gem, Prismacolor markers and Floral Doodle (inside)

Have a wonderful day.

Karen
All things are Heaven sent.

2 comments:

  1. This card is just adorable ! Love everything about it ! Have a great day
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the dimension on this card. It is too cute and so beautifully done!
    ~Pam
    http://stampsinc.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete