Friday, December 18, 2009
Happy Friday everyone!!!
Wow, hard to believe that we are fast approaching Christmas day. I hope that you are all ready and now relaxing until the big day.
I found some great instructions on how to make a 'no tape' box & lid at The Character Cafe, here is a picture of the box bottom... . I will be giving this a try for I need a couple small boxes and it is nice to receive a handmade one, all decorated. Hope it comes in handy for you too.
Now for the answers to yesterdays Christmas trivia:
1) Which state was the first to recognize Christmas as a holiday? ALABAMA - it became a national holiday in 1870
2) The Christmas classic The Nutcracker was written by whom? TCHAIKOVSKY - it was written in 1891-92
3) Which of these was one of the three wise men? GASPAR - Gideon or Malcolm? Gaspar - Melchior & Balthasar were the other two
4) In the Christmas classic "A Christmas Carol" how many ghosts visit scrooge? FOUR - they are the ghosts of Christmas past, present, future and his business partner Marley
5) Who delivers gifts in Denmark? NISSE - he is notorious for his pranks
Todays Christmas Trivia questions are:
1) What was the shape of the candy cane modeled after?
2) Which star led the Three Kings to Jesus?
3) When you go Wassailing, what is it that you are doing?
4) What was pictured on the first stamp printed for the Christmas season?
5) What was the poem commonly known as "The Night Before Christmas" was originally titled?
I wanted to let you know about some great blog candies that are available - see the links on my side bar.
1) Serendepity is celebrating her 40th birthday!!
2) Sweet 'N' Crafty hit her 74,000 blog hits!!
3) Prairie Fairy will have a new web site with new digi stamps!!
4) Milnie has some blog candy for being a follower.
Sorry, I do not have a new card for you today. I am trying to finish up a blanket.... almost done, then I will be able to get back to my paper crafts.
Have a wonderful day.
All things are Heaven sent.