Friday, December 11, 2009

Little Bear with Candy Cane

Hard to believe that another week has flown by. We are suppose to start warming up this weekend to a balmy 40 degrees, after we transition through a little snow or freezing rain. I do not plan to go anywhere for I have a ton to get done here.
My goal for the weekend is to finish any remaining Christmas cards - almost done now....
Then finish decorating the house, then I have to get going on the blanket I plan to make for my granddaughter. Plenty to keep my busy.

Today, I have a card using another great template I found on Just Magnolia under (Jane's Lovely Cards) and on her blog, it directs you to Marga's blog (Scrap Some) where you will find the template. I love this one, the actual card front section is a bit smaller than what I am used to working with but there are so many possible ways to dress it up. This is a Christmas card (what else) and I added a LOT of glitter to all the accessories and edging. I did not take a picture of the back but I added a small sentiment and left an area to sign our names. The image is a digi stamp from Dustin Pike, they have some really cute digi stamps and this was a freebie. I found some candy DP from Basic Grey that fit the design and I punched out the center of the "Happy Holiday" sentiment, mounted it on green CS and then cut out one of the little candies from the DO paper and mounted it in the center of the sentiment.... of course, I added more glitter.



Let me know what you think???

Supplies:
CS - DCWV
DP - Basic Grey (Eskimo Kisses)
Image - Little Bear with Candy Cane digi stamp from Dustin Pike & Happy Holidays from SU
Punches - EK Success snowflake & small flower, Martha Stewart branch
Others - Gems, glitters, fabric paint, Dress it up Button 'Bear'.

Have a great day....

Karen
All things are Heaven sent.

1 comment:

  1. Karen way cool such a fantastic card, I wish mine would come out so nice.
    Doreen

    ReplyDelete