Thursday, December 31, 2009

New Years Eve..... and Tilda with Flower














Hard to believe that today is the last day of year 2009, where has the time gone. I did not accomplish as much as I had planned and so next year, it is packed full of a LOT of activities, etc.

How many have made their lists of 'New Years Resolutions'?? I have and it is not just one but several. I have been slack in some areas and this year, I really want to challenge myself to get them moving forward again. So what are they?
1) Of course the first on the list is health, so I plan to cut out my sweet treats and do more exercising, which will include both swimming and walking.
2) I plan to make a few Christmas cards each month so that I am done by September/October.
3) I need to do more research and try to find an 'at home' job (If you know of anything, I would LOVE to hear from you). Due to my husbands disability, I can not work out and my health insurance just jumped up over $150 more a month - Yikes!! We can barely afford our current bills.
4) I want to start selling cards and beaded projects I make.
5) Long range goal is to design a line of digital stamps.

I think that should keep me more than busy, don't you think??

***************************************

Today, I have a new card for you. It is Tilda, holding a flower. I used an older sketch from 'A Spoonful of Sugar'. I used a large snowflake punch in the two coordinating colors to add design to the white circle. I added a larger bead on the ribbon for a final touch. Hope you like it....


Supplies:
CS - SU
DP - Scribble Scrabble
Image - Tilda with Sunflower from Magnolia
Others - Large Standard Circle Die from Spellbinder, Large snowflake punch from Martha Stewart, White brads from Basic Grey, Blue Floral Doodle by Petaloo, Silk flower, Bead and Prismacolor markers.

Hope everyone has a wonderful New Years Eve day/evening and stay SAFE.

Karen
All things are Heaven sent.

15 comments:

  1. Love this color combination and neat DP! Terrific coloring of Tilda...so sweet! Beautiful card Karen!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is adorable Karen. Great color combination!! Hugs, Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card is fabulous Karen! Love your colour choices!! Happy New Year to you!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adorable card, Karen! Love the colors and Tilda is so cute! Happy New Year! hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Karen she is so darling and those colors are just lovely!! May your New Year be a marvelous one!!! Hugs..Jacque

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fabulous card Karen, the last one of 2009! You have colored her beautifully and your dp is perfect with your sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the color theme! I particularly like what you did with the purple background squares.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the colors and the layout of your card!
    Hope you have a very Happy New Year!
    Hugs,
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy New Year, Karen,
    I hope you are able to keep up with all of your resolutions. Each one is great and my wish for you is that they all happen :o)
    You have made a wonderful card! So pretty. Love the colours you have chosen.:o)
    Hugs, Candy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Karen it is lovely. I like the way you added the flower to Tilda!
    Good luck on the resolutions!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the blue and brown theme! I like the snowflake background paper and punches that you used to accent and as the background, neat layout!
    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous card! I love the colours that you have chosen and your colouring. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful card Karen, I love how you have coloured Tilda! A Happy New Year to you :) Donna x

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love this card!! The color combo is one of my favorite and I still love this image!! She is just adorable!! Love the layout as well!!
    Thanks so much for your lovely comment on my blog!! I hope you have a wonderful New Year!
    :)kathy

    ReplyDelete
  15. Adorable coloring and great layout design!! Pretty color scheme choice for this cute card and thanks for sharing :o)
    Hugs,
    Cabio

    ReplyDelete