Sunday, September 27, 2009

My First Tilda

Good morning everyone, at least it is morning where I am and it is a chilly one...I let the dog out and brrrr, it was cold outside. I had to go check the temp and sure enough , it was only 40 degrees outside.

Today's card was my first Tilda. I paper pieced the hat and dress, that was fun and easy. It was also my first attempt at face coloring and it did not turn out an nice as I would have liked...this will take some practice and finding the right combination of markers to do it. It is hard to see but I have pearls going along the lace. Also hard to see is that I used the Cuttlebug to provide texture to the brown weaved paper pattern.









Supplies:
Stamps: 'Tilda n Hat Sitting' from Magnolia & saying by 'Hero Arts'
Papers from DMCW
Others: Spellbinders, Cuttlebug, pearls, lace

Have a great day.

Karen
All things are heaven sent.

16 comments:

  1. Karen, this is gorgeous. I love the colour scheme. Ooh, those DP`s are so lovely. You've coloured this adorable Tilda beautifully. Wonderful layout. The inside of your card is just as delightful. Great job.

    Hugs.
    Norma

    ReplyDelete
  2. Karen, she is a real cutie!!! Love those papers and the combination of colors is lovely!! Great job...Hugs..Jacque

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very sweet card, great colouring and love her paper pieced dress.
    Diana

    ReplyDelete
  4. Karen
    Great card. Did you piece her dress? Yummy designer papers and Tilda looks so cute peeking in on the inside.
    Sharon L

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card, Karen! I love the paper piecing and the layout of the card! Great job! hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. beautiful job on your first Tilda! Love the paper piecing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. very nicely done ! Great job I have yet to try paper piecing

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just stunning Karen!! Gorgeous card!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Karen!!
    It´s gorgeous!!! I love everything you did in the card!!!
    hugs
    Regina

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Karen, I envy you the wonderful cool temperatures. It was 95 degrees (F) here in Central Texas today. Ohhhh! Your card is gorgeous, and what a super job you did on the inside too. Isn't paper piecing fun? Great job...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow you did a fabulous job w/ your first Tilda--she's just gorgeous! Love the paper piecing!

    hugz,
    Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your card! You did a great job with your first Tilda card and her dress is gorgeous. Your card is beautiful in side and out! Great Job!
    Hugs,
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great card, love the paper pieced dress and the colours are terrific. Wow, great for your first Tilda.
    Hugs Oz Jodie

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thats a great frist Tilda card - great lay-out and colors.
    Tilda looks great in here little hat
    Thanks for sharing - God Bless
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  15. LOL ok so reading before posting would have been good-lol
    Chris

    ReplyDelete